In the spring of 1798, George Fryback and his family left Bedford county, Pennsylvania, for Ohio, but arriving at Waynesburg, the family stopped there while there father , on horseback, came on to Pickaway County, and selected a location on Scippo Creek. He planted a few acres of corn and camped for the summer. In the fall he returned for his family. During his absence his corn was stolen. He changed the location to the mouth of Congo Creek, the following spring, and he remained there until the land came into market in 1801. Mr. Fryback died here in 1834. His son, John, married Lettitia Emerson and resided on the homestead until his death, November 6, 1875, aged 87 years and 8 months. His wife died one year previous. They had 12 children.